Tuesday, November 13, 2007

We have all the technology. Now learn to communicate.

We can text message, call from anywhere, anytime, email, blog, post messages; but can we communicate?

“I can’t hear you. I’m going through the tunnel. I’ll call you back in a few minutes. Send me a text message. No, never mind. It still won’t go through until I get out of the tunnel.”

“Okay. I’m back. What were you going to tell me?”

“Oh, never mind. It wasn’t important.

“Come on. I want to know. Tell me. If it wasn’t important, you wouldn’t have called. Well maybe, you would. You call me all the time and it’s not important. You just want to talk. Is that what you wanted? To talk?”

“I said, ‘Never mind.’ I don’t want to just talk. I did have something important, but the moment is gone. Forever lost. I was going to tell you about how I’m sitting on the beach watching the sun rise and wished you were here with me. That’s all.”

Oh. Sorry. I wish I was with you too. But I have to go to work. That’s life, I guess. Never the right time or place. Even with all our technology, a stupid tunnel cut us off and then I thought it wasn’t important. Will we ever learn to communicate?”

No comments: