Thursday, July 24, 2008

Autocorrect or Intuitive Responding

Whenever I want to write my blog, I start out writing “I don’t know what to write” repeatedly until I think of something to write. I finished my to do list today except for writing this blog but I don’t know what to write. I keep misspelling what, but my auto correct feature corrects me. That’s nice. How about auto correct every time we make a misstep. How would that work? Well, when I put my foot in my mouth, autocorrect would erase the blunder and make something more appropriate come out of my mouth.

I guess the GPS has an auto correct so if you make the wrong turn, GPS can recalibrate the trip and guide you back to your route.

What about procrastination? How many times do I have to remind myself to do something that’s waiting to get done? Would autocorrect put me smack in front of the task and keep me frozen there until I did it? What about when I want to do something but shouldn’t? Like it would be a big mistake if I started smoking pot. But never having done it, I might want to try before I die. What keeps me from doing it? Worry about getting caught? I don’t think that motivates users negatively. Not enough money? Again, not a big deterrent. My conscience? Not so great there either.

I guess I’m better at not doing things than I am at doing things. I wonder why that is? Some people are just the opposite. They spend, spend, spend, or eat, eat, eat and can’t put on the brakes. I don’t have a problem with that. My problem is with do, do, do what must get done in order to get to the next place. Is it a failure phobia or success phobia?

What’s the difference between eat, eat, eat and procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate? One puts things in and the other avoids putting things out.

But I have no trouble with elimination. And that’s putting out, I think. I do that a lot.

So do I have a behavior disorder related to holding back? If I gave out more, I would have diarrhea constantly. I just overcame that behavior. So now I’m struggling with the opposite, but I’m not constipated.

Maybe I’m not really procrastinating. Maybe I’m just being true to my theory that I have to wait until the time is right and I use my intuition to feel that it’s the right time. So is that why I don’t take action until the time is right?

Does this mean that I’m healthy? That I’m doing the right thing? That chanting puts me on the right path? That I’m beating myself up over nothing? That I don’t need autocorrect to motivate me to do the right thing? I’m already doing it.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I think I used to have "responsibility complex" where I thought that I was responsible for everything - the dishes aren't done for my wife, the cost of bread is too high for the poor, the work is too hard, the taxes are too high, the sun too hot, etc, etc, etc..

What I had to do was to be pulled back into reality by my loving wife who wanted me to have realistic goals and aspirations and to be fulfilled, as well. There's always a "to-do" list, and there's always tomorrow, she has told me time and again.

Lighten up. You're a wonderfully good person, and you are loved and respected, and will always be!